Salt has got a bad reputation. This comes from the widespread use of refined, factory-produced salt where the minerals have evaporated to leave you with the taste. Pure rocksalt, however, is dense with minerals that are essential for body function, and also energise, detox and cleanse.
We make Shiokoji, which is fermented rocksalt. Using the same koji bacteria that you find with miso, Shiokoji has similar health benefits, bolstering your digestive system, immune system, and cleansing the skin. It also contains Glutamic Acid – the core ingredient of umami – an intense sweet or salty taste that features in a lot of Japanese cuisine and gives Shiokoji a rich flavour that transforms dishes.
We make our Shiokoji using pure Himalayan Rocksalt and unrefined Balinese Seasalt. So not only do you get the benefits of fermentation, but also the mineral-dense kick of unrefined, ancient rocksalt …
Ancient salt deposits, formed over millions of years. Very different to refined table salt, a high intake of natural rocksalt replenishes the body with essential minerals & bio compounds …
The Wonders of Himalayan Pink Rocksalt
- It has over 84 minerals & other bio compounds
- It’s high in sodium, which is essential for the proper functioning of the body, regulating blood volume and pressure, helping neural transmission of information and heart function
- It’s high in phosphorous, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, bromine, zirconium and iodine
- A fine detoxing food, as salt enables the transfer of toxins from healthy cells into the bloodstream
- Fatigue can set in from a loss of electrolytes and salt in the body. Himalayan rocksalt is absorbed into the bloodstream more quickly than traditional salts for a sharper, more powerful energy boost to your muscles
- Dissolved in hot water, it clears sinus blockages and improves respiratory issues (including asthma)
- Clears the arteries and improves blood circulation
- Balances acidity & alkaline levels